The Detroit Jazz Festival is widely known as one of the premier jazz festivals in North America, thanks in large part to the spirit, dedication and hard work of our volunteers. Working in all aspects of the festival, volunteers help create a safe, clean and enjoyable weekend-long celebration of jazz.
EVERY VOLUNTEER MUST ATTEND ONE ORIENTATION SESSION IN DETROIT.
- ALL volunteers, whether new or returning, must submit an application EACH year. Make sure your area preferences are listed on your application, and we will do our best.
- You must be able to work (2) six-hour shifts between Friday and Monday of Labor Day weekend.
- The minimum age to volunteer for the festival is 16. Should you have special concerns, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at 313.647.0149, ext. 307 or email email@example.com.
- Make sure you select a minimum of two (2) six hour shifts and an orientation date to successfully complete your application. You will receive a electronic confirmation detailing the information.
To maintain satisfactory volunteer status, volunteers must:
Volunteer Appreciation Package
- Treat patrons, staff and other volunteers courteously at all times
- Check in 15 minutes before the start of your shift
- Arrive for your assigned shift on time and stay for the scheduled period of time, or until released
- Wear your volunteer shirt while on duty
- NOT use alcohol and/or controlled or illegal substances prior to or during volunteer duty
In return for satisfactory service at the Detroit Jazz Festival you will receive:
- One (1) free volunteer t-shirt to be worn while working
- Free meal tickets for volunteers who work more than 12 hours
- Lots of appreciation from the community and staff, and the satisfaction of a job well done